Body found in Florida pond is man missing since 1997


"Amazingly, a vehicle had plainly [been] visible on a Google Earth satellite photo of the area since 2007, but apparently no one had noticed it until 2019, when a property surveyor saw the auto while looking at Google Earth", Moldt's "resolved" listing on The Charley Project website states.

Police launched a missing person investigation, but the case had grown cold until last month.

The remains of William Moldt, who was reported missing on November 8, 1997, were discovered after the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office (PBSO) pulled a submerged vehicle from a pond in the Wellington, Fla., area in August.

On 28 August this year - 22 years on - police were called to reports of a vehicle found in a pond in Moon Bay Circle, Wellington.

PBSO said the current resident used his personal drone to fly over the pond and spotted the vehicle underwater.

An image of the submerged auto is still available to view on Google Earth. "Upon removing the vehicle, skeletal remains were found inside".

Almost 22 years later, the mystery of Moldt's disappearance remained unsolved - until last month.

So the resident activated his personal drone and confirmed what the other man had seen.

More news: People with trypophobia are freaked out by the iPhone 11 Pro
More news: US House steps up Trump impeachment probe
More news: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition launches January 23, 2020

According to the Charley Project, which maintains an online list of anyone missing a year or more, someone spotted the auto on Google Earth.

According to the Charley Project, which profiles unsolved missing people cases in the U.S., Grand Isles at Wellington was under construction at the time of Moldt's disappearance.

Moldt could have been found 10 years ago.

According to the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System, Moldt left a nightclub alone around 11 the night before he was reported missing.

Although he was not a frequent drinker, on that particular evening he had several drinks at the bar.

Moldt had called his girlfriend from the bar at around 9:30 say he would be home soon, and that was the last contact she had with him.

Mr Moldt's family has been informed about the discovery of his remains.