Manchester City are set to face a transfer ban for third-party infringement and protection of youth players.
The club is already being investigated by the Football Association and Premier League for allegations related to youth transfers and financial fair play rules, with the latter also of interest to European governing body UEFA.
City signed George Davies and Dominic Oduro and played the pair in youth matches before they were 18.
That investigation was broadened later in 2018 when additional Danish reports claimed City had a secret deal with Vernon to have first refusal on the best prospects from Right to Dream.
This breaches having third-party owners hip of players as it seemingly gives City a clear hold on a player in another club.
City will be without John Stones, Kevin De Bruyne, Vincent Kompany, Benjamin Mendy and Fernandinho against Swansea, and Guardiola said they would also be unavailable for their countries during the global break.More news: GERMANY: Volkswagen boss apologises for Nazi gaffe
More news: Fears for Paris Jackson amid reports of hospitalisation
More news: Kylie Jenner nearly gave Stormi a completely normal (and super pretty) name
They're also facing an investigation from UEFA on possible breaches of the Financial Fair Play laws.
As well as Chelsea, Spanish trio Atletico Madrid, Barcelona and Real Madrid have all been punished for signing under-age players from overseas in the past.
The club issued a statement last month: "We will not be providing any comment on out-of-context materials purported to have been hacked or stolen from City Football Group and City personnel and associated people". Even though the bans of Real Madrid and Barcelona were cut short, the appeals from Chelsea and Atletico Madrid were turned down without a blink of an eye.
City, who face Swansea in the FA Cup on Saturday as they continue to compete for four trophies, have been drawn against Tottenham in the Champions League quarterfinals, and Guardiola said the two-legged tie was "50-50".
Chelsea were recently told that they will be unable to sign players for the next year and, according to The Sun, City will receive an identical punishment to their Premier League rivals.
Other clubs in the Premier League have also backed the Football board to take a decision against Manchester City for breaking the rules.