Conor McGregor sued in South Florida after recent arrest in Miami

Share

Earlier this week former two-division champion Conor McGregor found himself in trouble with the law yet again, this time in Miami Beach, FL.

The lawsuit was filed by 22-year old Ahmed Abdirzak in Miami-Dade County, Florida court after documents were first revealed by the Associated Press.

McGregor was later arrested on robbery and criminal mischief charges.

You can hear what sounds like a loud stomp and the fan saying, "Let me get my phone man".

Released by TMZ, the footage shows McGregor throwing the phone to the ground and stomping on it.

A fan had accused McGregor of slapping his phone from his hand, stomping on it, and pocketing the phone before being driven off in a chauffeured auto.

On Monday morning reports emerged that Miami police detained the UFC fighter on charges of strong-armed robbery and criminal mischief, alleging he smashed a fan's phone at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach hotel.

More news: 'The Simpsons' Producer Makes Bold Accusation About Michael Jackson
More news: CEO of troubled Wells Fargo says bank is stronger
More news: UNITED KINGDOM Brexit: Chancellor calls for cross-party compromise

The victim was surrounded by McGregor's security while McGregor took the phone, got into his auto, and left the scene.

Video obtained by TMZ shows the alleged incident.

Conor McGregor is heading back to the courtroom.

What can also be seen and heard is the fan pleading to McGregor to give him his phone back, though based on the power and force behind each strike it's likely the phone was damaged upon fix.

McGregor was arrested the evening of the alleged incident and taken to the Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center.

McGregor's attorney called the incident "minor" but said McGregor would cooperate with the police. He has since been released on a $12,500 bond, and he will return to court for an arraignment on April 10.

Share