The revelation comes as it is revealed there were 109 sightings of the drone from "professional eye witnesses familiar with or working within the airport operating environment".
Dublin Airport said flights resumed by 12:10.
Several passengers took to Twitter asking how their journey would be affected, however, Dublin airport confirmed just a short while later that all flights had since resumed.
This disruption is the latest in a series of recent drone sightings that have plagued airport operations across the globe.
This week Sussex Police, Gatwick and the airport confirmed there had been a "sustained" attack on the airport with over 100 sightings reported, the majority of which were from police or airport workers.
"The Gardai and other State agencies were informed of the incident immediately".More news: Big discounts and offers for Asus smartphones — Flipkart Mobile Bonanza
More news: Decoded Great White Shark Genome Could Help Cure Cancer
More news: Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Are Fully Breaking Royal Baby Protocol
Since the incident a no-fly zone for drones around United Kingdom airports has been widened to three miles.
Dublin Airport said "The safety and security of customers is our key priority at all times".
Police think a current or former airport employee was behind the incident on December 19 that grounded aircraft over three days, with 1,000 flights cancelled and 140,000 passengers affected.
"Minister Ross's previous comments that the likelihood of a drone attack in Ireland was "low" clearly shows his lack of understanding of the seriousness of the issue".
"Following the drone sightings at Gatwick Airport, he was at pains to stress that the regulatory provisions in place in Ireland, which control and restrict the use of drones were stronger than those of the UK".
In January, the Irish transport ministry said that it would carry out a "fresh detailed risk assessment" of threats to Irish airports, including those posed by drones.