Delhi-cop's son mercilessly beats woman, arrested after video goes viral


Another complaint was received from a woman alleging that her male friend, Tomar, showed the video to her - in which he was seen assaulting the woman - and threatened her that she will meet the same consequences if she did not listen to him, said a senior police officer.

Tomar allegedly threatened her with the same kind of treatment if she did not follow her instructions.

In the video, he can be seen abusing and continuously slapping her. Efforts were made to contact the girl seen in the video but she approached the police on Friday and gave a written statement. The girl seen targeted in the viral video later filed a case against him at the Uttam Nagar police station.

A medical examination was conducted, after which an FIR under sections 376 (rape), 323 (voluntarily causing hurt), and 354 (assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty) was registered at the station.

The arrest of Rohit Tomar, 21, took place hours after Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh tweeted that the video has come to his notice and he has directed Delhi Police Commissioner Amulya Patnaik to take necessary action in the matter. The blows keep coming, on the woman's stomach, back and head, and he also pulls her hair.

More news: Rangers Acquire Defenseman Adam McQuaid From Bruins
More news: Hurricane Florence Drowned a Riverfront 30 Miles from the North Carolina Coast
More news: Six strawberry brands recalled as $100,000 reward offered to catch needle saboteur

A viral video of a boy violently beating up a girl in Delhi's Tilak Nagar went viral on social media recently.

The video was filmed by Tomar's friend, who is heard in the background saying: "Rohit, stop it.Enough!"

The woman who was seen brutally being thrashed by the accused in the video knew the accused for two years and was a friend, said police.

Another Twitter user posted a screenshot of his Instagram profile, asking the police to take strict action against him.

This was after repeated attempts to get the Delhi Police to act in the case went futile.