Clay turned himself in on July 25, a day after allegedly using a pickaxe to smash the star located on Hollywood Boulevard.
The West Hollywood City Council is voting on whether to seek the removal of President TrumpDonald John TrumpSouth Korea urges Pyongyang to speed up denuclearization process More than a dozen arrested as protesters, counter-protesters clash in Berkeley Trump golfs with Graham at New Jersey club MORE's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
The zero-detention policy which led to the separation of children from their parents at the U.S. border and Trump's denial of Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election during his meet with Vladimir Putin also finds a mention in the resolution. The marker has been repeatedly vandalized since Trump took office and been destroyed on twice.
Ahead of the vote on Monday, West Hollywood City Council said they were following the steps of the American film industry, which suspended "certain members of the entertainment community... due to their actions toward women".More news: Trump Mueller investigation: President could take LEGAL ACTION against any court demands
More news: Alleged Russian Agent’s Contacts Also Included Trump Aide
More news: Google Just Leaked the Pixel 3 Launch Date
The Chamber of Commerce has previous said it would never remove a star over backlash.
Hollywood Chamber of Commerce President and CEO Leron Gubler explained to The Hollywood Reporter: "The Hollywood Walk of Fame is a registered historic landmark". Trump's star on Hollywood Walk of Fame destroyed with pickax; suspect turns himself in The two West Hollywood members are criticizing the president for many things including his treatment of women.
"Because of this, we have never removed a star from the Walk", he added. The star recognised Trump for his work on the TV reality show The Apprentice.
Last month, Trump's star was smashed with a pickaxe by 24-year-old Austin Mikel Clay, who faces a felony vandalism charge and a $20,000 fine.
It's unclear whether Clay has a lawyer.