Local health officials inspected the Columbus suburb Chipotle on July 26, and found violations related to food not being held at proper temperatures, according to the report. Business Insider reported late-Monday that more than 170 people said they fell ill after eating at a restaurant in OH.
But Traci Whittaker, a spokeswoman for the health district says it has received dozens of calls from people reporting illnesses since Sunday, with many mentioning they ate at the Chipotle in Powell, Ohio. "Our protocols identified a handful of illness reports at one restaurant in Powell".
Chipotle shut down the restaurant, it said on July 30.
The local health authority, the Delaware General Health District, is investigating the situation. Lettuce was not being cooled properly and the beans weren't warm enough. The company reported a 3.3 percent increase in same-store sales during this year's second quarter, with revenue increasing 8.3 percent to 1.3 billion, and an improvement in digital sales. Separately, an E. coli outbreak that fall forced the temporary closure of more than 40 restaurants in OR and Washington.More news: Thousands of North Korean workers enter Russian Federation despite United Nations ban
More news: Trump administration confirms plan to raise China import tariff to 25 pct
More news: Drake drops In My Feelings video chock full of cameos
Chipotle was forced to close a restaurant in Virginia for two days past year after customers who ate there contracted norovirus, an illness that causes vomiting, diarrhoea, nausea, and other symptoms. Piper Jaffray Companies lifted their target price on shares of Chipotle Mexican Grill from $420.00 to $530.00 and gave the stock an "overweight" rating in a research note on Monday, May 14th.
FILE PHOTO: The logo of Chipotle Mexican Grill is seen at the Chipotle Next Kitchen in Manhattan, New York, U.S., June 28, 2018.
Chipotle (CMG) had been making a comeback under a new CEO after a slew of high-profile safety scares battered the burrito chain's brand and stock price in 2015 and 2016, and word this week that it had temporarily closed a restaurant after reports of patrons taking ill had investors dumping its shares on Tuesday.
That news also surfaced through iwaspoisoned.com when 89 reports and 133 customers reported falling sick. It came after an outbreak of E. coli hit the chain in 2015, resulting in numerous people getting sick across the United States.