Antonio Conte turns down Real Madrid for Chelsea

Share

Zinedine Zidane had shocked many by resigning from his post at Real just a few days after beating Liverpool in the Champions League final.

However, Murcia's president Victor Galvez says Guti, who is in charge of Real Madrid's U18 side, will be the man to succeed Zidane.

This, according to media, due to the location of the fans creamy Klopp, which knows the President of real Madrid Florentino Perez.

Gianluca Di Marzio has said that while Conte is Madrid's primary target to replace Zinedine Zidane following his departure, the Italian manager "wants to respect" his contract at Chelsea.

The 41-year-old Madrid legend is now in charge of the club's youth team, but had been on the shortlists of Murcia as well as Scottish club St Mirren.

More news: Ariana Grande Tweets About Her Happiness After Engagement Reveal!
More news: US President Trump arrives in Singapore for historic Trump-Kim summit
More news: SCOTUS Rules on Ohio Voter Purge - Cortney O'Brien

Real Madrid have been keeping tabs on Pochettino as a successor to Zidane, but the Argentine's decision to sign a new long term contract with Tottenham has complicated things.

Real Madrid are now searching for a new manager with several big names linked to the role including Liverpool's Jurgen Klopp and Tottenham Hotspur boss Mauricio Pochettino - though their chase of the latter will be hard following his recent new contract.

Conte has been offered a way out of Chelsea by Real Madrid, who called him on Thursday about taking over there.

Part of the reason Zidane left so soon, in the former right-back's mind, is that he had little time to prepare as Madrid boss having been appointed amid Rafa Benitez's sacking.

Share