Nigeria's Buhari says no rest until last kidnapped girl released


"President Buhari added that Nigeria was working in concert with worldwide organizations and negotiators, to ensure that the girls were released unharmed by their captors", the presidency statement said. "I can reassure parents, Nigerians and the International Community that we will do all that is within our power to make sure that the girls are brought back safely to their families", Buhari said.

Yobe Governor, Alhaji Ibrahim Gaidam, pleaded for an enhanced synergy among security operatives to improve security in the state and the North-East. Next are Zamfara and Rivers.

The President pledged free and fair polls in 2019, recalling that the then American Secretary of State, John Kerry, had visited before the 2015 polls, "and he told the party in government then, and those of us in opposition, to behave ourselves, and we did".

The group during a rally on Wednesday, March 13, said it will commence legal action should the FG fail to respond to 14 questions thrown to it by the BBOG. "So far, Yobe State government had received four federal government delegations since the unfortunate incident, which shows that it has concern for its citizens" he said.

The abduction of girls from Chibok caused global outrage and criticism of then president Goodluck Jonathan for his handling of the attack, contributing to his election defeat.

More news: Wednesday weather: Mostly cloudy, with highs in the 50s
More news: School Teacher Dennis Alexander Accidentally Fired Gun In Classroom, Injuring 3 Students
More news: Karachi set to host Pakistan-West Indies T20Is

An ad hoc committee of the House of Representatives began preliminary investigations into the abduction of 110 girls from the Government Girls Science and Technical College, Dapchi, by the Boko Haram insurgents on February 19.

"There will be no rest till the last girl, whether from Chibok or Dapchi, is released".

"The Dapchi and Chibok students are our girls and must enjoy our protection".

After the Jonathan administration held an emergency National Security Council meeting on April 17, 2014, the Nigerian Army and Air force began searching for the Chibok girls with sorties being flown in search of the girls.

A serious President, knowing how vulnerable the Northeast is would have sent these 150,000 policemen to guard schools in the Northeast rather than send them out to guard APC big shots all over the country. Only a patently dishonest leader can claim to have defeated Boko Haram with such numbers.