It was captured by an infrared camera aboard an F/A-18 Super Hornet fighter jet traveling at 25,000ft.
The aircraft was flying at 25000 feet when it encountered the alleged alien UFO, and we now have our hands on the video footage thanks to a release on Friday by To the Stars Academy of Arts and Science.
On Monday, Elizondo also noted "eerie similarities" between the new video and the ones released previous year, including the location in US airspace, the presence of US Navy pilots, the "Tic Tac" shape of the object and other signatures he said the videos shared in common. While the academy refused to go into the detail about the channels of procurement, they said the release of the video was approved by the United States' Department of Defense (DoD).
The new footage - one of several videos released in recent months showing encounters with odd craft - was shot in 2015, and was just declassified.
Warning: Some language in the video may be offensive.
On the third try, the pod manages to get a lock, and the pilots speak out about their excitement and amazement at what they are seeing. Look at that flying!'
Footage from an F/A-18 that shows another recorded UFO encounter that was released last December.More news: Go-Ahead Group (GOG) Rating Reiterated by Canaccord Genuity
More news: Oil down on continued concerns over US output
More news: Race between Conor Lamb, Rick Saccone cost $16 million so far
Previous year in a report by the New York Times, Pentagon acknowledged they shelved a program in 2012 that was devoted to identifying unknown space objects claiming there "were other, higher priority issues" that deserved funding.
"The Advanced Aviation Threat Identification Program ended in the 2012 time frame. It was determined that there were other, higher priority issues that merited funding and it was in the best interest of the DoD to make a change", the statement read.
"I have never seen anything in my life, in my history of flying that has the performance, the acceleration - keep in mind this thing had no wings", he said.
Chris Mellon, TTSA adviser and former deputy assistant secretary of defense for intelligence under presidents Clinton and George W. Bush, criticized the national security agencies for not researching what is behind the unusual objects in the sky, ABC News reported.
Mellon observed that military departments and agencies have instead treated "such incidents as isolated events rather than as part of a pattern requiring serious attention and investigation".
"Nobody wants to be "the alien guy" in the national security bureaucracy", Mr Mellon wrote. "This is true up and down the chain of command, and it is a serious and recurring impediment to progress", he said.