Jose Mourinho dealt blow in pursuit of Bayern Munich star Arturo Vidal

Share

It looks like Arturo Vidal is not leaving Bayern Munich anytime soon. As such, links between Vidal and Chelsea have been a regular occurrence, but not something that ever materialised.

He stated: "I play in this team because I am one of the best players in the world in my position".

Unfortunately for Chelsea and the Chelsea boss, a reunion remains just transfer rumor fodder as Vidal has once again shut down the possibility of a Bayern exit.

"I'm not thinking about a transfer", Vidal told Sport1.

'Of course I would like to extend. "My kids are also very happy here".

More news: Gov. Rauner: budget proposal would plug hole in state's pocketbook
More news: Reading Analyst Stock Recommendation:: Barrick Gold Corporation (ABX)
More news: Nokia 6 with 4GB RAM launched in India

But, in an interview with kicker Sportmagazin earlier this month, Bayern Munich manager Jupp Heynckes alleviated some of the fears by confirming that Vidal's place in the squad was not in danger despite the arrival of the German midfielder in the summer.

The 29-year-old back-up goalkeeper, who joined Bayern from Stuttgart in 2015, has penned a new three-year deal, the Bavarian giants announced on Sunday, reports Xinhua.

"The United States is home to our very first global office, highlighting our commitment to engaging and growing FC Bayern's fan base in the Americas", said FC Bayern Munich's Executive Board Member for Internationalization and Strategy, Jörg Wacker.

Rudolf Vidal, Bayern's president of the Americas, said: "This is a unique alliance between two historic teams at the forefront of youth development".

Bayern, who already have an office in NY, say twinning with Dallas is to help both clubs develop players and coaching methods.

Share