Wenger called Mike Dean "a disgrace"


Wenger has now served the entirety of his three-game ban and will return to the dugout for Arsenal's clash with Crystal Palace on Saturday (3pm).

The Football Association (FA) has published its written reasons for Wenger's suspension, which followed events in the aftermath of the Gunners' 1-1 Premier League draw at West Brom on December 31.

Wenger was given a three-match touchline ban and fined £40 000, with the FA concluding there was "simply no justification" for his behaviour.

"He was very aggressive leaning towards me, pointing aggressively at me saying, "You're not honest" on numerous occasions", Dean said. Dean then said said "you've done this to us many times before, you're supposed to be professional, you're a disgrace".

The FA report, released on Tuesday, featured written testimony from Dean, his assistant referees and the fourth official, who all recorded nearly identical accounts of events.

More news: Sebastian Gorka Has An Active Arrest Warrant Out On Him In Hungary
More news: Stephen Colbert Almost Pukes Over Trump's Sex Scandal
More news: KeyCorp Comments on Microsoft Co.'s Q1 2019 Earnings (MSFT)

The FA reports includes testimony from Dean who said Wenger had confronted the officials in their changerooms after the game.

His incident with Mike Dean that provoked the suspension was certainly not pretty, with Wenger challenging the referee's controversial call to award a penalty for handball against Calum Chambers. Swanson then goes on to claim that Wenger also received a formal warning regarding his media comments following Arsenal's draw with Chelsea in early January.

The report into the West Brom incident states that Wenger did not request a personal hearing after he admitted a misconduct charge. He has occupied this position since 1996.

The panel, chaired by former Villa, Everton and Bolton midfielder Gareth Farrelly, noted this was the second such case involving Wenger in a year, as the Frenchman was given a four-game touchline ban and £25,000 fine for an altercation with the fourth official during a 2-1 win over Burnley last January.