Panic in USA over Fake Missile Attack Alert


A revised alert informing people of the false alarm didn't reach cell phones until about 38 minutes later, according to time stamps on the images Hawaiians shared on social media.

"False alerts undermine public confidence in the alerting system and thus reduce their effectiveness during real emergencies", a statement from the agency's chairman, Ajit Pai, said. He called on officials at all levels of government to identify and eliminate similar vulnerabilities.

Parts of Hawaii woke up Saturday to an emergency alert: "BALLISTIC MISSILE THREAT INBOUND TO HAWAII". Instead the person chose the template that sends the message to everyone, CNN reported.

The state Emergency Management Agency said Monday those tests will be suspended while it investigates. He then took a shot at President Trump and congressional Republicans, saying the mistaken alarm was really a sign of what was to come.

Television and radio broadcasts across the state were interrupted with a recorded emergency message instructing people to stay indoors.

Furthermore, it took officials 30 minutes to rectify the alert, the US Pacific Command said.

More news: US diplomat Alice Wells acknowledges Pakistan's role in countering terrorism
More news: Virat Kohli, Pandya continue their fight as India score 183/5 at stumps
More news: Vikings 1 win away from hosting Super Bowl after thrilling finish

After two weeks of bliss, Benavides and his new wife panicked after they received these missile threat alerts. Like I said, the immediate shelters are in town.

"With North Korea and all the tension it's just insane, and there's no way to prepare for that".

During a news conference, Vern Miyagi, the administrator of Hawaii's Emergency Management Agency, took the fall for the alert.

At a press conference Saturday, Emergency Management Agency Administrator Vern Miyagi said that the employee felt bad about the mistake.

He assured people that procedures are changing and no single person will be able to activate this warning again. After alarmed residents posted screenshots of the alert on Twitter, authorities labeled the warning as a false report.